Texas Ruby Grapefruit
The recipe for this drink may showcase our luscious Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit flavor, but it comes to us all the way from Illinois. We’re told it was created by her friend Sara, especially for a party she hosted with our friend Margaret Stec. We hear it was a smash.
- 1/2 oz* Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit Shrub Drinks
- 1 1/2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 to 3/4 oz* Fresh Lemon Juice
- *adjust to taste
Combine ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well. Strain into double old fashioned glass over ice and serve with a lemon twist.
- ¾-1 ounce Shrub DrinksTexas Ruby Red Grapefruit Shrub
- 1 ½ ounce Tequila Cabeza or other blanco tequila
- ½ ounce Combier or other dry, orange liqueur
- Dash Celery Bitters
- ¼ fresh lime
Combine the first four ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker. Squeeze and drop into shaker ¼ fresh lime. Shake well. Strain into chilled coupe, salted rim and wedge of additional lime optional.